Thursday, March 24, 2016

Ice Ice Baby

As I woke up to the sound of Vanilla Ice rapping in the 90's I couldn't help but wonder how the course had fared given the freezing rain I heard rattling off my my window all night.  

The good news is that there looks to be very little to no damage at all.  The trees have a thin layer of ice on them and a few branches are drooping down a little but there is nothing to be concerned about at this point. This icing event should not damage the greens at all - my biggest concern was for the trees. We sure didn't want a repeat of the ice storm 2 years ago that caused significant damage and took a lot of time and money to clean up. 

According to the long range forecast there is a warm up (15C on Sunday!) followed by another cool down.   Once everything melts, we will reassess the course and continue working toward getting the range and course open as soon as they are ready.  I am hoping that by the end of next week the weather patterns will begin to settle down and that I can at least have an idea of when the range will open. Stay tuned to this blog for regular updates as we approach opening day. 

Below are some pictures of what the course looked like this morning:  




No comments: